BETTER BLOSSOM IRRIGATION (BBI) PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Updated September 1st, 2020
For the purposes of European data protection law, the data controller of betterblossomirrigation.com is Better Blossom Irrigation LLC. The data controller is responsible for determining why your data is collected and how it is processed.
In this Policy, we cover:
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Information
- Who We Share Information With
- Google Analytics
- Do Not Track
- Protection of Children’s Privacy
- Your Rights
- Important Information for U.S. Residents of California
- Information for International Users
- How Secure is My Personal Information?
- Questions/Contact Us
Information We Collect
We collect information you give us, permit us to access or when you enter into a contract or sales transaction with us. Such information generally falls into the following categories:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail, physical address and telephone number
- Internet activity information, such as your IP address, browser type and language, operating system, cookie information (described below), web beacons (described below), pages visited on our site, referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits.
We process your information on the basis that your information is required for us to provide the website, products and services to you under the relevant contract between us.
How We Collect Information
We collect and obtain information:
- From you. We collect information that you provide to us when you contact us, request a quote, enter a sweepstakes or contest, or apply for a job with us.
- From your device, including through:
- Cookies. We automatically collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a web site. Among other things, cookies help us improve our site and your experience. Using cookies helps us see which areas and features are popular and helps us count visits to our site. When you click “Accept” on our consent request, you agree to the placement of cookies on your browser by us, our analytics and service providers, and marketing partners. If you do not click “Accept”, then we will remember your opt-out preference. You may change your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from our site. If you set your browser not to accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, it may affect certain features or services of our site.
- Web Beacons. We collect information using web beacons. Web beacons, or “gifs,” are electronic images that are used on our site or in our e-mails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. If you do not wish for us to track emails we send you, some e-mail services allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or images which may disable tracking, or you may unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails via contacting BBI’s Rider Services or clicking “unsubscribe” in any marketing email.
- From other third parties. A number of our suppliers also set cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags, and scripts on your browser or device on our behalf when you visit our site in order to deliver the services they are providing, analyze trends and site performance, administer the site, track users’ movements and behavior around the site, measure advertising effectiveness, and prevent fraud. This means that when you visit our site you receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. In addition, we may receive your information from third-party shopping services. We use that information only to fulfill orders.
In the U.S., you can opt out of tracking on our website or others for online behavioral advertising by visiting the DAA’s Consumer Choice page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Network Advertising Initiative’s page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. In Europe, you can make choices about whether to allow tracking when you first visit our site and are asked to accept trackers.
How We Use Your Information
Except as set forth below in this section, we will keep all information collected from you, including information collected on betterblossomirrigation.com, confidential. We will use the collected information for the following legitimate purposes:
- To fulfill the services and provide the products you request from us. For this purpose, we typically collect contact information, location information, and internet activity information.
- To enhance or customize your shopping experience with us. For this purpose, we typically use account information, demographic information, and internet activity information.
- To better understand how users access and use our site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For this purpose, we typically use all categories of personal information that we collect.
- To evaluate our site and our offerings to you as a visitor. For this purpose, we typically use internet activity information.
- To respond to user preferences. For this purpose, we typically use account information, contact information, and internet activity information.
- For research and analytical purposes. For this purpose, we typically use all categories of information that we collect.
- To send you marketing notices including promotions of our products and services. For this purpose, we typically use contact information, demographic information, and location information.
Who We Share Information With
We share your information with:
- Authorized service providers. We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. These other companies help us by fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, analyzing traffic on our websites, providing marketing assistance, providing surveys about our products and services, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, assessing risk, automating decisions, and preventing fraud, and providing customer service. These companies have access to your information only as needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
- Social networks. We share data with social networks when we advertise through their platforms.
- Data partners. In the United States, we participate in cooperative data sharing programs for marketing purposes, where participants provide customer contact information for U.S. customers and purchase history information to the program vendor. This sharing allows participants to identify and segment persons who may be interested in the participants’ products and services in order to target such persons with relevant marketing. In connection with our participation in these programs, we share U.S. customers’ names, physical addresses, aggregate transaction information, and purchase history information with other companies for their marketing purposes. If you are a U.S. customer and you do not wish to have your name or physical address disclosed or used through these cooperative programs, you may choose to not participate and can let us know by contacting us via the methods set forth on https://www.betterblossomirrigation/contact-us.
- Law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities or regulators. We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of betterblossomirrigation.com, our users, or others.
- Organizations in connection with a business transfer. We release information if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
Otherwise, we will keep the information we hold about you for as long as we believe is necessary to provide you the products, information and services you requested or as reasonably use for commercial purposes unless you tell us you want us to stop holding the information. We retain behavior information collected through Google Analytics for a period of 50 months and delete such information at the end of this period.
Betterblossomirrigation.com uses a tool called Google Analytics for site analysis and also makes use of other Google Analytics features, including remarketing and audiences. For more information about Google Analytics and these features, go to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”). Website users who don’t want their data collected and shared with Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
When we collect tracking information on our site, we do not respond to users’ Do Not Track settings in browsers. However, you may choose to decline cookies in your browser settings on a desktop computer, or by declining tracking in your settings on a mobile device.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
Betterblossomirrigation.com does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 16. Also, if you are under 18, you may use betterblossomirrigation.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
We collect and process your personal information on the basis that your personal information is required for us to provide the website, products and services to you under our contract with you or for the legitimate purposes set out in this Policy. You have choices related to how we use and share your personal information. In particular, you always have the right to request that we:
- provide you information about how we use your personal information;
- give you access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we store on our system;
- update, correct or delete your information held in our files;
- stop using, and require that third parties stop using, some or all of your personal information for certain purposes, even if you continue to use our site or services; and
- discontinue contacting you.
If you would like us to change how we deal with your personal information, you can send us an email at email@example.com or contact us by mail at:Better Blossom Irrigation, LLC, 39039 Jefferson Avenue, Harrison Township, MI 48045, Attn: General Counsel.
Additionally, if you are located in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory data protection authority about our use of your personal information.
Information for International Users
How Secure is My Personal Information?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in accordance with industry practice and applicable laws. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our site, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the site and you do so at your own risk.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity, except where otherwise required by applicable law.
Important Information for U.S. Residents of California
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to request and obtain a list of third parties, if any, to which your personal information (as defined by California law) has been disclosed for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities, if any). California residents also have the right to opt out of having their personal information shared for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out or ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make a request or opt out, please contact us via the methods set forth on https://www.betterblossomirrigation /contact-us, using “Shine the Light” as your subject line. Include your full name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address in your message, or you may contact us at the postal address below, and include the same information in your letter.
If you reside in California, you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to be free from discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Employment-related information will not be included in fulfillment of your requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent and is prepared to provide documentation.
You may exercise the above rights by calling our number at (586) 925-9667 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the guidelines described in this Policy, please email us directly at email@example.com.
Updated April 12, 2019